Harrison Park Project
The 2020 Bond provides funding that supports the conversion of Harrison Park K-8 to a Middle School. The Harrison Park project is designed to provide a robust middle school experience at Harrison Park by upgrading the facilities to enhance academics. While not a full modernization, the work on Harrison Park will significantly upgrade the school. In addition, Harrison Park already has a number of great features that will make for a good middle school experience.
List of the work to be done:
· Improve the look and feel of all rooms
· Remove K-5-sized furniture and fixtures
· Upgrade the HVAC system
· Add science classrooms
Harrison Park Existing Features:
· The structure is in good condition and a new seismically strengthened roof was recently completed in 2021.
· Two gyms
· Large dance studio
· Unique Theater / Auditorium
· Dedicated Cafeteria
Construction on Harrison Park is designed in a way to minimize the impact on students and staff. Middle school students will start attending Harrison Park in fall 2023 for the 2023-24 school year.
The first phase of construction on Harrison Park will begin this summer in 2022 and will continue in two more phases over the next three years.
Upcoming Schedule of work
Phase 1 work (Begins Summer 2022)
· Updates and refreshed finishes in the front lobby and main corridor space (including new window from main office into front lobby
· Updates and refreshed finishes in existing cafeteria space
· Addition of interior and exterior security cameras
· Covered bike rack at the front of building
· City-required street improvements and garbage enclosure
Phase 2 and 3 work (Summer 2023, Summer 2024)
Details coming soon