for Benefits Enrollment & Changes
IRS rules state that benefit selections may only be changed when an employee experiences a qualifying event or during the Annual Open Enrollment period. The employee must complete an online enrollment via PeopleSoft Employee Self-Service (ESS) and upload the appropriate required documentation. The change must be consistent with the event.
Employees who experience a qualifying event must complete their benefits changes within 31-calendar days* from the date of the qualifying event.
- Examples of qualifying events and required documentation can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
* Unless otherwise indicated
Benefits Enrollment & Changes Webpage: https://www.pps.net/Page/7324
General Instructions - Enroll/Change Benefits Due to a Qualifying Event:
- Log into PeopleSoft Employee Self-Service (ESS): http://selfservice.pps.net
- Click on the Benefits Information panel.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click Life Events.
- Select the radio button next to the qualifying event.
- If your qualifying event is not listed in ESS, email the PPS Benefits Team at email@example.com for further instructions.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to upload and submit the required documentation for your qualifying event.
- The PPS Benefits Team will then review your document.
- Once your document has been approved by the PPS Benefits Team, you will receive an email notification.
- If you do not receive the email notification that your document has been approved within 2 business days of uploading your document(s), contact the PPS Benefits Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After receiving the notification email, log back into ESS and go to the Benefits Information panel.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click Benefits Enrollment.
- Under the Open Benefits Events section, you should see your qualifying event. Click the Select button next to the qualifying event.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to enroll or make changes to your PPS benefits.
PeopleSoft ESS Login Issues? Contact PPS IT Service Desk at 503-916-3375
Benefits Enrollment Technical Issues in PeopleSoft ESS? Contact the PPS Benefits Team at email@example.com