• SEIU Employee Benefits



    Medical package options and cost

    SEIU Plan Comparison

    SEIU Rates Sheet

    Imputed Income Rates (if covering a Domestic Partner/Domestic Partner's children)

    Health Savings Account (HSA) - Moda Evergreen and Kaiser 3 only

    An HSA is a pre-tax account established to pay for qualified medical expenses for those who are covered under a High Deductible Health Plan.

    More information: Click Here 

    To receive a district contribution to your HSA, you must be enrolled in a high deductible health plan (Moda Plan 6 or Kaiser 3) and be a full-time active employee. In addition, you can contribute your own pre-tax dollars to the account and unused funds roll over year to year.

    Medicare and HSA

    If you have an HSA when you sign up for Medicare, you can't contribute to your HSA once your Medicare coverage begins. If you contribute to your HSA after your Medicare coverage starts, you may have to pay a tax penalty. If you'd like to continue contributing to your HSA, you shouldn't apply for Medicare, Social Security, or Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) benefits.

    Note: Premium-Free Part A coverage begins six months before the date you apply for Medicare (or Social Security/RRB benefits), but no earlier than the first month you were eligible for Medicare. To avoid a tax penalty, you should stop contributing to your HSA at least six months before you apply for Medicare.

    Eligible Dependents

    Legal Spouse

    Domestic Partner - same sex or opposite sex, living together for six or more months prior to enrollment.  Affidavit Required

    Child (up to age 26)

    • biological child
    • legally adopted or legally placed for adoption
    • legally placed
    • step-child
    • Domestic Partner's child Affidavit Required

    Disabled Dependent Child (over age 26)

    District Paid Benefits

    Life: full-time (.75 FTE and above) employees are automatically enrolled in a medical plan or opted out are automatically enrolled in a life benefits of in a term life insurance policy of $30,000 of coverage through The Standard Insurance Company.

    More information: Click Here

    Long Term Disability: full-time (.75 FTE and above) employees are automatically enrolled in a medical plan or opted out are automatically enrolled in this salary replacement policy. This is for a disability sustained off the job following a 90-day waiting period, benefits are payable at a rate of 66 2/3% of pre-disability income up to a maximum benefits of $8000 per month through The Standard Insurance Company.

    More information: Click Here

    Employee Assistance Program (EAP): provides services to help people privately resolve problems that may interfere with work, family, and life. For a complete list of services or to access services online go to www.MyRBH.com - access code: OEBB, Company ID for Wellness Works Portal 10607. You can also access services by calling 866-750-1327. This benefit is available to anyone living in your household whether enrolled in your medical insurance or not.

    Voluntary Benefits (Employee Paid)

    Credit Union Membership: PPS employees and their immediate family members are eligible to join the following credit unions for banking services such as savings, checking, IRAs, Certificates of Deposit, loans, and a variety of other services:

    ·         OnPoint Credit Union - Contact OnPoint Customer Service at 1-800-527-3932

    OnPoint Credit Union Special Offers

    ·         Consolidated Federal Credit Union - Contact Consolidated Federal Credit Union Member Services at 503-232-8070

    Flexible Spending Account (FSA): is a way for you to save income taxes when paying for eligible Health Care or Dependent Care expenses. FSA is a use it or lose it plan. Amounts not used by the plan year-end will be forfeited to the plan. Employees must re-enroll at open enrollment each year to continue participation for the next plan year.

    FSA Information

    Long Term Care: whether it's due to a motorcycle accident or a serious illness, Long Term Care is the type of care you may need if you couldn't independently perform the basic activities of daily living. If this situation were to occur, this coverage could help pay for a home health aide, an assisted living facility, or a private nursing home.

    More information: Click Here

    Optional Life: Employees may purchase additional term life insurance form themselves and spouse/domestic partner on a self-pay basis. The benefit values range from $10,000 to $500,000, in increments of $10,000.

    More information: Click Here 

    Trimet Transit Pass: Employees may purchase a monthly transit pass on a pre-tax basis.

    More information: Click Here 

    Retirement Planning - PERS and 403(b)

    OPSRP- Oregon Public Services Retirement Plan (formerly PERS): Membership is established after completion of a six (6) month waiting period for employees who work at least 600 hours per year and requires a mandatory employee contribution of 6% of gross salary on a pre-tax basis. If you are an existing Oregon PERS member, your mandatory contributions begin immediately. 

    More information: Click Here

    403(b): is a voluntary supplemental retirement savings program offered under section 403(b) of the Internal Revenue Code and is called the Tax-Sheltered Annuity Plan ("TSA Plan"). This is an employee funded plan and there is no district match.

    More information: Click Here

    Retirement Self-Pay Rates:  Click Here

    Enrollment (within 31 days)

    New hires and employees with job changes will receive an e-mail with next steps for benefits enrollment once their employment is fully processed. You have 31 calendar days to from your start date to enroll in benefits. However, to receive benefits beginning the 1st of the month after eligibility, your enrollment must be submitted by the 20th of the month.

    Current employees with life events have 31 days from the event date to make benefits changes please click here.


    Contact PPS Benefits Department or 503-916-3544


    Moda 866-923-0409 or modahealth.com/oebb/

    Kaiser 1-800-813-2000 or my.kp.org/oebb/


    Moda 866-923-0409 or modahealth.com/oebb/

    Kaiser 1-800-813-2000 or my.kp.org/oebb/


     VSP 800-877-7195 or vsp.com

    Flexible Spending Accounts

    PacificSource Administrators 1-800-422-7038 or pacificsource.com/psa

    Health Savings Account

    Optum 877-470-1771 or http://mycdh.optum.com/

    Long Term Care

    Unum 800-227-4165 or http://unuminfo.com/oebb

    Federally Required Notices

    Affordable Care Act


    Affidavit of Domestic Partnership - if enrolling a domestic partner in your medical plan or purchasing life insurance. Due within 3 days of enrollment.

    Change HSA (Health Savings Account) Contribution

    IAP - PERS Beneficiary Designation

    Trimet Transit Pass 

Benefits Inquires

Name Email/Website
Benefits Inquires benefits@pps.net
Benefits Contact Information http://www.pps.net/Page/11642
Employee Perks - To activate your account, use group code: pps https://discounts.perksconnection.com/